Thursday 20 August 2009

Cultural orientation event in Lappeenranta

Today I was in Lappeenranta at cultural orientation event arranged by LUT. To me it was a good event with useful information, especially considering that I have never been in Russia before. I now know how to behave when eating(and drinking) with Russians, how to address them, why not to smile that much in the public and also what a scracthing of ones neck means :) And a lot of other stuff also.

It was really great meeting some more of my student collegues there. Lots of different backgrounds, personalities, lots of enthusiasm and energy. Based on this sample of fellow students, I really feel that we will have a great group during studies and I am eager to meet the rest of the students later on in St.Petersburg. Also, check out Shot's blog for another perspective on MITIM programme and our student life in St.Pete and Lappeenranta.