Saturday 21 August 2010

First week in Hungary

Now I have been in Budapest for a week. Settling down here has gone well and I really like the vibe of this city. At the moment I am staying in my temporary apartment which is in a good location at Ráday utca. The apartment is cool and in a really nice building. And so far I haven't been able to burn the whole place down with the gas stove :D


Last Sunday we went to check out Sziget-festival which was really, really cool. The island location is perfect for this kind of festival and the feeling in there was relaxed. I went there without any expectations and was just curious what it was like. I saw for example Muse which was technically very good and sounded sweet, but somehow they didn't manage to excite me. Maybe it was the lack of alcohol :D The biggest surprise was by far a tent called Magic mirror which was kind of a rainbowish experience. The host, Diva Thomasz deserves a special mention.


Otherwise I've been just checking out the city and enjoying my time in here. I've also studied the language, but with that I am on a little bit frustrating level at the moment. I can understand some things, but way too few to really converse with someone. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I am able to have at least Tarzan-level conversations in Hungarian. That would be sweeeeeeeet.