Wednesday 23 September 2009

Well that was unexpected but definitely fun

Yesterday I came back to the dormitory at 10 pm planning to rest a bit and also study some Russian. My plans quickly evaporated because of really unexpected event. My flatmates and I heard a knock from our door which we of course answered. On the other side of the door there was about 8-9 Russian students asking if they could come to our apartment to have a little party. That's not anything unusual actually, but the next part is - we didn't even know them. At all. So there they were standing on the other side of the door with wine, vodka, borsch, blinis and other traditional Russian dishes. Being the social gentlemen that we are, we of course invited them in and had a really fun evening.

The thing is that this kind of stuff doesn't happen anywhere else. Seriously. How often have you been in a similar situation or heard from your friends same kind of story? I bet never. This country continues to amaze me like Finnish "humor" amazes all other nationalities. Even hungry hungarians.