Tuesday 20 October 2009

Business research

Again a new course started, this time the course is called Qualitative methods of business research. The class is as interesting as it sounds... The teacher wasn't able to catch my attention during the classes today and the whole class seemed to be more or less non-sense. Well, maybe not nonsense, but the time was used on things that didn't require that much attention. So, when we had the break in the middle of the 3 hour session, I did the same as a lot of other students - left the classroom without any intention to return there after the break.

My problem with this kind of courses is that I don't understand what is the added value for me. I am pretty sure, that I wont learn how to execute proper qualitative research in this class, at least not in business environment. Also, the course doesn't seem to be targeted for doing scientific research - the kind that you might need when doing your thesis. Se where does it fit in the big picture? I don't know.