Thursday 29 October 2009

This is how we roll

Yesterday was one of those days when you know that you have done something good in your life. The kind of day when you realise how much good people you know. The kind of day what you will look back years from now and think "wow, that was a great day" with a smile on your face.

One of my dear classmates had a birthday yesterday, so we arranged a surprise for her: we had booked a limo. Not just a limo, but it was a cool purple one :) (Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it now, but I will definitely upload when I get one) So, after school many of us, something like 14 persons went to the limo which was waiting nearby the school. Few others "had to do group work" with the birthday girl for a while so that we can get in to the car and get everything ready. Then, they made an excuse of some kind to go somewhere else and brought the bd-girl to the limo. The expression on her face... well, happy :)

We drove around in St.Pete for about 3 hours before jumping off and went to eat to this place called Liverpool. While cruising the birthday girl got congratulated in 10 or 11 different languages :D Tells something about the group in which we rolled. With a great group of people we had so much fun in the limo as well as in the restaurant/pub. Later on we went to this club called Mod with a smaller group which also was quite fun. Overall, a night to remember, definitely!

In Liverpool I ate the best burger I've ever eaten! I guess this quote is pretty close to the feeling I got when I sunk my teeth in that delicious piece of cuisine:
That first bite-oh, what heaven that first bite is. The bun, like a sesame freckled breast of an angel, resting gently on the ketchup and mustard below, flavors mingling in a seductive pas de deux. And then… a pickle! The most playful little pickle! Then a slice of tomato, a leaf of lettuce and a-a patty of ground beef so exquisite, swirling in your mouth, breaking apart, and combining again in a fugue of sweets and savor so delightful. This is no mere sandwich of grilled meat and toasted bread. This is God, speaking to us in food.
- Marshall Erikssen, from the tv-show "How I met your mother"