Saturday 1 January 2011

Globetrotting 2010 in retrospect

I realized that I've been around quite much during 2010. Overall the whole year has been a good one, almost bordering great. During 2010 I had LOTS of new experiences and I saw way more than I thought I would. Some highlights in numbers:

  • Had address in 3 different countries (Finland, Hungary and a couple of days in St.Pete, Russia)
  • Visited or lived in 6 countries (Russia, Finland, Hungary, Mexico, Italy, Slovakia).
  • Had overall 17 flights (oops, sorry about the carbon footprint...)
  • Studied 3 languages (Russian, Spanish for a couple of weeks, Hungarian)
  • ....and spoke or tried to speak 5 (previous + Finnish and English. Also few lines of Swedish)
My only gripes about the year was the summer - great weather, but not good from financial or career point of view. But, as often happens, there is a silver lining to everything. Because of the relaxed summer, I had lots of time to think about my future and things that I want. Now I know where to aim. If things go as planned, 2011 will be a year of major changes and achievements. 

I am sure 2011 will be a great year for me!