Wednesday 12 January 2011

Making progress

Tomorrow I will break the 20 page threshold with my thesis, at the moment I have about 18 pages written. I should be pretty much done with the first draft of theoretical part by the beginning of February as requested.

I've also been listening to Hungarian quite a bit during this week. My goal is to listen about 1 hour each day for 6 days a week. Next week I will also incorporate some written exercises to supplement the listening comprehension stuff. Since I am listening the same clips over and over again (approx 25-30 times per week, 6 clips), I am really starting to recognize the words immediately without problems. And the best thing is that I can also reproduce many of the sentences and structures on demand. Granted, the texts are still quite simple, but it feels good to see some progress. Lets hope the same continues when I gradually move in to more challenging texts. Feeling optimistic!