Tuesday 7 July 2009

Bank & insurance issues

Today I went to my bank to solve possible problems regarding my time in St.Petersburg. I should be okay with my Visa-card, but I will also take another credit card as a backup just in case. Before going to Russia I will have to decide what to do with my savings, because it’s not wise to keep them in the same account. No, I wont transfer them to your account :)

I also took care of the insurance for my stay in St.
Petersburg. The first three months of my stay are included in my normal travel insurance, but I had to pay extra for the rest of the months. If I had the chance to be in Finland for 14 consecutive days after the first 3 months, then this additional insurance wouldn’t be necessary. Anyhow, insurance should now be okay. My insurance covers everything, including my luggage and other personal property such as laptop.