Thursday 16 July 2009

More about health

This Monday I received the first hepatitis vaccination. The second should be taken at least 4 weeks after the first one and the third about 5 months after that.

You need to have a HIV-test taken before applying for visa to Russia. The test results should not be older than 4 weeks before crossing the border. I am traveling to St.Petersburg on Sunday 23th of August, so basically I should have myself tested at the end of July so that I have my results early enough to have time to apply the visa. Too bad that YTHS (Finnish university students healthcare) is on holiday at that time, at least in Helsinki, so I can't take the test there. Somehow I have a feeling that schedule wise something is going to go horribly wrong with visa application etc. Let's hope that's not the case.