Sunday 12 July 2009

Vaccinations for Russia

It is advised to take vaccinations for hepatitis A & B before going to Russia. Therefore I tried to get myself vaccinated this week. I had already reserved a meeting with a nurse about one month ago. This Wednesday I went to health center in time which I thought was the one we agreed on the phone weeks ago. Well, it turned out that there was a mix-up with the schedule. I was there on the right day and almost at the right time - I missed the appointment by half an hour. Wasn't that nice.... I tried to get that re-scheduled for another time at the same day, but it was "impossible" for them so I had to leave empty handed. On top of that I had to pay a penalty fee of 15 euros for missing my appointment. You can imagine how pleased I was when I left the building...

Well, luckily I have qualified person in my family who give the vaccination. That will be taken care soon, which is nice.

Overall I am quite pleased with my accomplishments regarding the move to St.Petersburg. I have studied some basic Russian, bank&insurance is okay, vaccinations will be okay in a day or two and funding is also shaping up quite nicely.