Tuesday 15 December 2009

Exam over, so is the QBR stuff

The Managerial economics exam wasn't as bad as I thought. Actually, it seemed surprisingly easy for me. Other also commented that it wasn't as hard as they had imagined. Well, lets wait for the results to see how I did. At the moment I feel pretty confident I did okay.

Funny situation came few minutes before the time was almost up. One student took her cellphone out of her pocket and started typing something. At first I thought she was using it as a calculator for some simple maths that we had to do (like 5,03 x 3) but apparently it was not the case. She was using it as a dictionary.... To find out what "assemble" means.

Surprising.

Apparently other Russian students also had problems with that word and they did not know what it means. How is this even possible considering that the average Toefl-score for MITIM-students is quite high (something around 100 out of 120 or so).

I bet some of the Russian students will have some problems when we go to LUT, since you are not allowed to even take cellphones to exams and getting caught on cheating is heavily punished. After all, the cultural perceptions are a bit different when it comes to cheating in exams...

After the exam I started working on the individual project of Qualitative methods of business research. Shitty project, but now it is also done. From the moment of having no idea what to write about to the moment when 5 pages (3 was minimum) was written it took about 3 hours. I am a bit surprised I managed to deal with that crap so quickly. After all, I had no motivation at all to write anything....

The next exam is on Friday, it is the final from Russian. I guess I will start preparing for it tomorrow. Today is just for relaxing :)