Monday 21 December 2009

Leaving St.Pete behind soon

Traditionally, when a time period is coming to an end people tend to reflect what did they learn and experience during that time. That is what I am going to do also during this week regarding my semester here in St.Petersburg.

I will start with the things that I will definitely remember from this semester
  • The people. Z, my flatmates, some exchange students as well as Russian students and of course the giggling girls.
  • Dormitory, both in good and bad. Hate the kitchen, hate the room, the bed, the Internet, the crappy (and smelly) water coming from pipes. Like the fact that you never know what is going to happen each day.
  • Beautiful St.Pete. This truly is a magnificently beautiful city and there is so much to see in here.
  • Marshrutkas. The minibuses whose drivers tend to be crazy.
  • GSOM. All the open book exams, the crappy administration etc.
  • Cheap food and beverages. For a Finn, this really is cheaper place to live in. On top of my head, I'd say that food and drinks in the stores are about 30-40% cheaper than in Finland. Then again, I can't say that much about the quality of those ingredients...
  • Baltika 7.
  • Moustaches on babushkas.
  • My birthday party. The unforgettable presents (26 cans of beer... classy :D) and the overall feeling.
  • Limo-ride with MITIM-people on E's birthday.
  • Snowball fight and the snow in my pants :D
  • The lamp.
  • La president hanging out of our window
  • Estonian L drinking Pepsi on Coca-Cola factory
  • что это? Кто он? Меня зобут Йоона. Как тебя зовут? Пиво.
  • My roommate L. Legendary dude.
  • P's 5 kilos of pasta.
  • Second floor lobby...
  • TM presentation by our group.
  • Trips to Helsinki and Viborg
  • Achtung baby as well as Dumskaya ulitsa
  • Shawermas
  • The collection of fridge magnets
  • Oktober-fest party with T
  • Arnold imitations
  • That's what she said -jokes
Actually, that list is just a short proportion of memories. It has truly been a cool and memorable experience. Highly recommended!