Saturday 22 May 2010

Academic year over!!

The first academic year is now pretty much over for us. Yesterday we had thesis seminar which wasnt that bad actually. Some people have ideas what they are doing and some not. I guess I got a bit better view to my topic based on the comments and feedback. At the moment my topic is something like "Business partner selection in international expansion". The idea would be to investigate how SMEs make decisions with who to partner and what are the success factors in partnering. Also, I would be interested in finding out what kind of methods or tools can be used by SMEs on the selection. I will still have to think about it a bit more and go to talk with a possible supervisor at LUT.


We also had an exam on international high tech marketing, which was kinda similar to last years. I was well prepared and could have answered all the questions of the exam. Unfortunately for me, I slightly misread one of the essay questions and thus went off-topic. Luckily, it was worth only 10/100 points so I should not have ruined my chances of good grade because of that. I hope. 


Later in the evening we had a sauna + bbq session by the lake. That was by far the best party of this semester! It was fun and very good to see (almost) all the students of our class there together for the last(?) time before graduation next year. Somehow it was and is unreal that I wont see many of my friends live again this year, because they are leaving Finland for their internships and then going on exchange, some of them really far. I will miss them for sure.