Thursday 4 February 2010

First class in LUT

For a few days we have been participating in Strategic management of growth classes. Basically this course is about what are the phases of growth a company goes through or where does it fail while trying to grow. We have been examining the subject through variety of models and perspectives. Really interesting I must say! There is something that really appeals to me in these strategy-related subjects. Maybe its the fact that it is somehow mysterious and trying to outwit the other companies in the industry. Or at least make own company work better.

I really like the teacher. I can't put a finger on the things that I like about him, but for whatever reasons I do. I like his style, but I don't know if other students agree with me. At least majority of them are so quiet in the class....

In this class we also have to do a project in a groups of 2 or 3 persons. I've already formed my "team" with lovely E and we have an idea of the case company too. I will contact them later today and hope that they respond positively.