Wednesday 17 February 2010

Seminar

Today we had a "business seminar". It's in quotation marks because I really didn't see the business part of that - of course there was a nice presentation about Technopolis and the guy giving the presentation seemed very nice and all, but somehow I felt we have kind of heard most of that stuff before. After that presentation there was a little bit about MITIM program now and then the floor was opened for all of us to give some feedback and ideas how to improve it in the future. To me it was a opportunity ruined, since the discussion got derailed on how to get an internship instead of actually talking about the content or structure of the program. I am not alone with my feelings, as many of my student colleagues also had similar feelings.

In the end we heard presentation from ex-MITIM student (who graduated this summer in the first ever MITIM batch) about her internship, Master's thesis and work at Kone corporation. I liked the presentation. Also one second year MITIM student presented her the progress of her thesis. It was cool to see what kind of topic did she had and how she had approached the problem, even though there was not that much actual content in the presentation. But I can understand that, since the work is still in the early phases of the process.